My dd is so clumsy!

She is 5, wears glasses becuase of a stigmatisim(sp?) which we though might have contributed to her being clumbsy but it's not and she is such a putz! She will fall, trip, knock something over or anyother number of things that could happen and she immediately responds "I'm ok!" with a big smile on her face.
Thankfully she has not broken or dislocated anything...yet
Do you have a clumsy child? What are some of the things that have happened to your child, do you think they'll ever out grow it?
She was just dancing infront of a mirror in my room and fell into it. My word this child, lol

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• She sounds absolutely adorable!

I'm like that and so is my 7 yr old so I doubt he'll ever grow out of it since I didn't!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My daughter is 8 and can be walking through the room and just fall flat. "I'm OK" I know all about it. She too has eye problems and wears glasses. She was clumsy long before her eye problem. I hope it is because she has grown so fast, but I am not very coordinated either.
    Good luck!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• One of my girls is the same way. She'll be 6 in June and is always tripping over nothing, falling down, etc. I started taking her to the chiropractor for a different reason, mention it to her, and now she pops her toes when we take her. I don't know why or how it works, the chiro can't really explain it to me either, other than "her little brother was the exact same way, their chiro popped his toes and it helped" - - and it really does help! She does her ears & everything else too, but I can tell a difference right after she goes, and after anywhere from 3-6 weeks after an adjustment she'll start getting worse again - visit to the chiro and she's good again for a while.
    Anonymous

• My DD is like that she trips over everything and just stands up and goes right back to what she was doing before. The way I think of it is that she could be clumsy and cry every time she falls.
    CadincesMom

Answer by CadincesMom at 9:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2011