Gabrielle Giffords

Sarah Palin targeting Democrats>a

Palin targets health care law supporters on site

What on your thoughts about this tragedy possibly being related to Palin's 'target' map?

pam19

Asked by pam19 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no idea what the motives were yet, but either way what Palin dis was very irresponsible. Of course sane people wouldn't do anything about that map, but it only takes one nut job. You can't compare what palin did to your other map, she named names and those are rifle bulls eye targets, that is where she crossed the line.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I don't know the shooter's motives yet, but I personally would feel like a HEEL if I were Palin right now. To put a target on anyone is incredibly .... man, I don't even have the word for it! Insane, ballsy, irresponsible, appalling, shameful all rolled into one. Whether it is or isn't politically motivated, Palin put a target on her and now she is dead, guess that's what she wanted? What other message could she have been giving with that map full of targets??
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'm not a Palin fan, but I think it is just an unfortunate coincidence.

NotPanicking - I think there's a big difference between targeting states for votes and putting people's faces on a website w/ a target superimposed over them, don't you? There are lines of civility & I think Sarah Palin's website crossed them. And, I'm sure you could find examples of Democrats doing the same.

sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Her office was vandalized after her vote on health care, a man was convicted of threatening Nancy Pelosi, callIing her at home and threatening her family

Screaming aagainst "left leaning" politics

These people are psychotic, the only people that shoulder any responsabity for their crimes are the people that fan these radical flames and give their outrageous outbusts credability and the people clos to them that didn't get them help
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Why on earth would you ask such a stupid question right after the shooting?

Shame on you.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I need to amend my earlier post (sorry)! Sarah Palin's website didn't show people's faces, but listed their names with crosshairs on each state. My mistake - I apologize.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Is he a "Lone Nut" ?
    Or a "manchurian Candidate"
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Instead of worrying about Palin why don't we worry about the victims and their family?
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think it's irresponsible for anyone to jump to conclusions. I say let the investigators do their work without all of the backseat drivers.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I had never seen that map until someone posted it today. I just think it's a little tacky and possibly irresponsible on her part to use gun sights in her 'targeting' of opponents. There are a lot of crazy people out there who might think it's literal. Of course, it may not even be related to politics at all. I just curious what people think of it, and whether they had seen her target map before.
    pam19

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011