I am God...

So are you . What do you think about this statement? If you are made in his image and a direct reflection of him and he dwells within you then are you not God. So why would someone have a problem with me saying that I am God.

giovannismom01

Asked by giovannismom01 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because the bible says "you shall have no other gods before me" and if you stated yourself as "The God, The creator" You would be considered a false God. It said we were made in his image, We are to be "like Christ" In other words he's like a role model. I think you misenterpreted it by a long shot. Why would you want to call yourself God anyway? This sounds like a question just to stir up trouble...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Oh yes...Another thing. Someone would have a problem with you saying you are God because your NOT. If that sums it up. I could say I am a Horse but that doesn't mean I am....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Hmm. I think people consider the "God" to human relationship like a father or mother to child. My kids are a reflection of me. I love them, dote on them, cherish them. My daughter has my eyes and assertive nature... my son has my temper and quick tongue. I am in my kids - reflected in what they do, say, how the react and act. Yet... they are not me. They don't have the same power I have. They are free to make their own mistakes. They are a reflection, but not a clone.

This is just my musing on the ideas. I'm Agnostic!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• hmm that was pretty good Serafyna
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Why because I question something that I am curious about is "stiring up trouble" get over yourself. What about the rest of the post these are from the bible I have heard hundreds of people say them. SO why should this be taking metaphorically or symbolically but other things taken literally?
    giovannismom01

Answer by giovannismom01 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I am certainly no biblical scholar.. but literally *I* am in my children. My DNA is in my kids. Right? So you can *literally* be a part of something, physically even LOOK like them (twins!).. and not be the same person.

I get your point, just being the Devil's Advocate. (hah!)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:14 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It will be alright, if that is what brings you peace then I will not trample on it.. Goodness knows people like myself understand that
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Umm, because we are not!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• OP - If you really feel you are your own God/god/Goddess - I'm sorry, I thought you were just musing and asking a question to ponder. I don't think you're stirring the pot, I was just flexing my mind around the concept and working out an answer.

Your statement doesn't offend me, until you start trying to tell me I am wrong or I have to serve you. Then I might have words, or be a little afraid/creeped out. Oof.. root canal later this week and pain pill is making me sleepy. Night ladies.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• wow serafyna good answer
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2008