do you think that having god in your heart makes you a good person?

i'm an athist and i don't agree with that... i find myself to be a good and caring person and open my self to anyone who needs help and wants it... i don't believe that you have to believe in god or any god to be a good person and good heart.

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 4:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• NOPE.
    While some good people DO believe in a god, it's the not sole reason WHY they are a good person.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think having God in your heart makes you a GREAT person, and I envy people b/c I admit I wish I had greater faith. But I KNOW that I have plenty of good friends that dont believe in God and they mean no less to me, nor are they any less better friends b/c they don't. And I feel they are just as GREAT of people.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Nope. I'm an Atheist and I know I have a good heart and a good person.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• What does God have to do with being a good person some people are awesome all by themselves
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• No.I believe it can encourage one to strive towards religious ideals of goodness/holiness, but it doesn't necessarily make someone good, and people can and obviously are good without it.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You might not believe in him but he believes in you. You don't have to believe in him, but he is still in those hearts just the same, that is the good in you.

Answer by older at 5:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I am a better person than I would be without God but that does not mean you are not the best person you can be without Him. He makes me on a personal level calmer, more accepting and loving than I would be without Him. If you developed those qualities without God, then that is great. My personal journey includes God but that does not mean yours has to.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 5:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I believe there are good people all over the world who believe in all kinds of different things (or not!). 

sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Nope. Your own choices are what makes you a good person. How you choose to live your life, how you choose to treat others - these things make you a good person. There are many wonderful and good people in this world who are most certainly not believers.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 5:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Nope. Two of the nastiest, bitchiest and more unbelievably casually cruel people I know believe fervently in their Chosen and Saved status.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2011