Does any one have advice on getting a 9 month old to sleep through the night?

Brien was sleeping through the night then quit about 2 months ago. and now wakes up at least once everynight.

Wiccanmomma2010

Asked by Wiccanmomma2010 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 18 months old and still continues to wake up at least once a night. For awhile she'd sleep through the night, but then started to wake up again. IMO I wouldn't be alarmed.

But have you done any changes to her room, given her new food, etc... Anything? If she teething? Gotta ask. =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• There really isn't any advice to give as that is just what babies do. They will go through several different sleep patterns until they hit 18 mos or so.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I remember all 4 of my kids changed their pattern around 9 months and took one less daytime nap and slept less at night.. Sorry the only advice I can give you is to sleep when baby sleeps and enjoy the middle of the night moments with your baby. The moments will not last forever so you can choose to hate it or accept and enjoy every part of it. I do not believe their is another solution. Babies are hard work and take lots of patience. They are also so precious at 9 months.
    Anonymous

• Once a night isn't bad. What happens when he wakes up? Do you have something specific you do to help him back to sleep, or something he does on his own?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Patience.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• He's probably hungry? Growth spurt?

LadyQuin

Answer by LadyQuin at 12:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Bump
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• with my son, when he was 10 months old, the only thing we could do that worked was to sleep train him. He was used to getting milk so first we cut down the amount he got, till none at all. then i'd go in for less and less time until I finally wouldnt go to him unless he was absolutly screaming. and it worked. at the end of two weeks he'd sleep from 7:45 PM- 5:30/6AM without waking...and if he did all he required was a quick hug and kiss and he was good to go back to sleep
    stephanieplante

Answer by stephanieplante at 1:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Time and patience...no need to train a child to sleep all night in a room all alone. No one I know even adluts sleep all night every night without waking at least once.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2011