Is parenting a pleasure or a chore?

I have noticed that many CafeMoms do not find parenting to be a joyful experience. Of course, it is stressful and difficult, but children are a joyful gift.

How do you view parenting?

Asked by rkoloms at 6:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I alwyas thougth my sons were a bonus to my life, not a chore.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 6:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It's BOTH. It is joyful at times, and stressful and demanding at times too. It's a DEMANDING JOB/RESPONSIBILITY.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• A pleasure. I don't ever see it as a chore even when I am going through a challenging time - I just see it as a learning experience. My son teaches me a lot!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• The best thing I've ever done is having 2 awesome sons! Absolute pleasure! During difficult times they were my rock and gave me a reason to get up everyday :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Depending on the day I think it is a pleasure to have kids but they also can take you through alot of work. It's a chore that I do not mind working on .
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 6:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

What a perfect explanation!  Well said.

genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Being a parent is a blessing. I absolutely love being a mommy, and take absolute pleasure in parenting! My son is my heart and I could never imagine my life without him.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• All of the above! It has it's moments of being joyful, painful, awful, amazing, priceless, terrifying... the list could go on and on and you can have them all at once or one at a time. They can be fleeting or they can last for months. I can't describe parenthood in one term.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It has a bit of both but the joy over rides everything else.

Answer by older at 6:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i dont no how its a chore because i dont get paid for it an i cant do it when i feel like it its more a gift and a job but in the end you get what you put in them :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2011