23 weeks not showing yet.

hi ladys, as of today i am 23weeks 2days preggo and im not really showing i look a little chubby but not preggo i have gained 14lbs im only 5'3 with a slim build so u would think it would b obvious im pregnant. when i tell people no one believes how far along i am my ob says this is noraml for 1st time mothers and that my babies growth is right on track. it's just not fair i dont have a cute baby bump to show off like everyone else has this happened to anyone else? if so how long did it take u to start showing.

newmomdiva

Asked by newmomdiva at 6:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You will pop out of nowhere probably w/in a month. Don't worry it will happen! I didn't start showing til about 30 weeks but it just came out of nowhere and was very obvious. GL and congrats.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• it'll happen...hang in there a little longer. in the mean time, you could wear maternity/babydoll shirts that make anyone look pregnant. before long, you will just POP and there will be no hiding it. i was overweight with my last 3 pregnancies and didn't show until the final months. at least you won't have that to deal with. also, people will say it doesn't matter how you are showing, just be happy for the healthiness of the baby.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'm the same way, even now with baby #3 i didn't really show til about 24 weeks, and even then people were shocked when i told them how far along i was! Still are really! I'm 7 months and look about 4-5 months. Just the way i carry. I get big towards the end and have a cute baby belly, so dont worry, it will come!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 6:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• it really all depends- me... I started showing at 14 weeks and had a nice round tummy by 26 weeks....but then I have heard of women who never had to go into maternity clothing at all...and all those girls on the I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant shows...they all never showed at all either- so it's possible that you may not get the big round pregnant tummy, or maybe one day you'll wake up and suddenly not be able to see your feet. 8 0 )
    stephanieplante

Answer by stephanieplante at 8:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Just wait until the last couple of months. With my first I went from looking barely pregnant to orca whale in month seven-eight.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It will happen 24 months isn't that far along to be showing. It will happen in the next month. And when it does lol you will be miserable! Enjoy your little secret for now
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2011