Pet Peeves in the grocery store!

I really hate people who feel the aisle is just for them! They park their cart right in the middle of the aisle and won't move when you say excuse me, instead you get dirty looks. What are your grocery shopping pet peeves?

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My biggest pet peeve is when parents let their kids run loose. That drives me completely up the wall.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• When you're trying to pay/swipe your card and the person behind you is practially pushing you w/ their car. It only takes a few minutes to pay, back off and wait!! you're in my bubble!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I hate when my cart is so full with bagged items that I am playing a balancing game trying to get out the door and the person at the door asks to see my reciept. Like I paid for the 200 other things and still stole something!! They aren't gonna see it by looking at my mile long receipt anyway!!

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• The people who park their cart on one side and are shopping for stuff on the other side. You can't get through! Also guys who will stand like 4-5 ft from the display and look at things. Move in!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• When you have been waiting in line for one of the 2 self checks to come available with 3 kids bored kids hanging off your cart and some jerk behind you comes and stands next to you and takes the one farthest from you because it came available first....Its like Hey I was next in line you S.O.B!
    Anonymous

• When I am checking out, and am the next person in line, I HATE when the cashier will not move the conveyor belt as they scan items through. When they just reach out to grab the items, not moving the belt up, I can't empty all of the items from my cart. By the time it is my turn, and he/she finally moves the belt, I am now STILL unloading my cart while he/she's bagging half of my shit. I don't like it.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Me peeve is that not enough people use reusable bags. Its sickening how much paper and plastic is wasted. I also hate when the checker comments on items I'm buying..."Oh, salsa verde? What are you making with this??" Oy..lol. Oh, and those that still pay with checks! I don't get it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• holding the freezer doors open while deciding what they want leading to the doors fogging up when they finally do close them. now, i can't see what's inside!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• People who put a BIG order in when it says, 10 items or less. So rude, I don't mean over 1 or 2, I mean over , over. Just plain rude.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• ^^^ Sorry I can't talk ^^^^ I meant to say... with 3 bored kids hanging off your cart :P
    Anonymous