Getting an induction due to Kidney problems? What do you think?

When I was pregnant with my Daughter 4 years ago I had kidney stones and was in the hospital for almost 5 days. Now 4 years later I'm pregnant with my second having Kidney issues my whole pregnancy....I'm 39 weeks pregnant now. A few weeks back my doctor wrote me a prescription for Vicoden....They last few nights the pain in my kidneys has been so bad that I have needed to take it every night to get to sleep. The pain is killing me. I go to the Doctor on Monday and I'm going to talk to her and let her know how bad my kidneys have been acting up. Do you think that These kidney pains are enough for her to considering inducing me since I'm only 1 week away from my due date? Anyone had any similar kidney problems?

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Honestly a due date is a guess and can be off by 2 weeks so you technically could still be 3 weeks away from being due.

With that being said, you are having other issues that can affect the baby and cause raised heart and blood pressure not in just you but also the baby. I would say that they doctor should be open to an induction.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I was induced with both of mine at 37 weeks.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• if the pain is the great and you are that close I'd hope she would. she can check on the development with and ultrasound first to make sure baby is big enough and lungs are developed enough and then I do believe she'd induce you because that has got to be a better option than you being in pain and taking vicodin...mom in pain is not a good thing for baby....nor is constant pain pills
    stephanieplante

Answer by stephanieplante at 8:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I wouldn't think there would be a problem. But I am not your doctor LOL. if the cervix is ready go for it. Then you can get the help you really need for the kidneys. Good Luck!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If its affecting your health then its in turn probably effecting your babys as well. i see no reason why the dr wouldnt go ahead and schedule an induction.
    Nicolenew

Answer by Nicolenew at 1:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011