Naming your baby Jesus...

what do you think?

Do you know any?

No, I'm not pregnant. Just asking the question. I put it in Just For Fun b/c I thought more people would read it than in religious debates or pregnancy.

horsesteelers

Asked by horsesteelers at 6:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Lots of Jesus's down here in Mexico! Hubby's best friend is Jesus, along with a co-worker of mine. Very popular name in the Latin region of the world, kind of like how John or Jacob is in the U.S.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I know lots of people named Jesus. It is pronounced differently-but it still means the same thing.
    (spanish)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I do know one man named Jesus but it pronounced in Spanish. ( hay-soos) He goes by Jay.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Do I? in the Latinos, this is a popular name.

Answer by older at 6:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes there are a lot of people named Jesus pronounced differently tho.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 6:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I used to work at a telemarketing company when I was 16 (I know, sorry). Anyways, this name would come up on the computer screen once a week. I always thought, "what the hell" Somebody would answer and I would ask if I could please speak to Jesus(as in Jesus Christ). I did this for about 2 years and nobody corrected me! There were others at the job who would listen in on our calls and one day-and the last day- I asked for Jesus, quality assurance came running out of their office to talk to me. They explained the name was pronounced "Hay suse" How embarrassing!
    I think the spelling of this name should be different so there is no confusion:)
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• There shouldn't be another spelling. Its spelled like this because its Spanish.

Obviously, the Spanish alphabet is very different.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Oh strange I thought the Spanish alphabet was exactly the same as the English alphabet. This question is just for fun as the OP stated. Thanks for your opinion, though!!!
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• No, its different. The pronunciation is totally different! All the letters are not exactly the same.
    Your welcome! ;)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2011