How can I get them to stop hurting?

So last night I finally got a break from my LO'S, my SO and I decided we would go out dancing, we did, but now i'm paying for it. It had been awhile since I danced like that, probably a good 4 years, if not more. My thighs are KILLING me. What can I do for the pain, I can barely walk LOL! Who knew dancing like that would be such a workout, i've never even felt this kind of pain in the gym!

ladies, i know this has happened before to you lol, so advice!!! hot warm bath? tylenol? cut my legs off? jk, of course.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think cutting your legs off would hurt worse. Haha But that's just my opinion. ;)
    Tylonal would help, but a hot bath would help more. Relaxing the muscles is your goal, so that as they heal they're not causing you excrutiating pain. As well as a heating pad while you're sitting on the couch can also be beneficial. Even a hot compress would work. Just anything warm to help relax the muscles and allow them to heal.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Hun, this is good pain, the kind that is telling you that you are out of shape and haven't moved those muscles in a while. Rest and an aspiring maybe might soothe it , sometimes yoga stretching helps too.

Answer by older at 6:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Dance again tonight and then again in 2 nights, and then again and again, every other day for the rest of your life and it will never happen again

A gentle walk, followed by some gentle stretching will help. You're seized up --gentle exercise will smooth it out.

Or, and here is my preference, you could get a massage.

And ibuprofen (Advil or whatever) will help more than tylenol because it's a better anti-inflammatory.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Take some tylenol...it will help with the pain and inflammation.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• warm bath
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• ibuprofen is the best. Tylenol does not help with inflammation. Also, warm bath and try to move your legs periodically. i hurt like that after I went to the gym. We (me and my workout buddy) used to do over 80 weighted squats on leg day. EEWWW. If you are building muscle, you do not want to take a pain reliever with an anti inflammatory but if you just want to get rid of the pain go ahead and take it.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Ibuprofen

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2011