What types of jobs can I get that I will be able to work from home??

When I have my baby, my boyfriend and I will be moving to a different house in a different town, and I am nervous to find work, because I'm afraid that all of my income will go to childcare. I have seen bad reviews on some "work-at-home" jobs like medical billing, and I do not know that I'm comfortable enough with sales that I could make a good income from it...any ideas?

eweitz0

Asked by eweitz0 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• Well, I'm not sure what would interest you.. don't forget about eBay as a potential work from home idea.  I also blog about other ideas and opportunities.  If you'd like, you can check out my Blog at Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Are you looking for a job or work at home business, there is a difference. If you are looking for a WAH business I work for a company that is 38 years old, A+ rating with the BBB and NYSE listed. We have bonuses this month ranging 1500-6000. If you are interested message me.
    Candleladies

Answer by Candleladies at 8:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would be glad to tell you about a business with Mary Kay Cosmetics. You will make 50% on everything you sell!!
    We will teach you everything you need to know! Looking for non-sales types!!!
    www.marykay.com/kbressan or email me at kbressan@marykay.com
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Do me a favor and search CM for 'work from home' or 'home-based' jobs. You'll be surprised by how many posts come up. Nearly every single question like this gets the same answers. I'd do that and find something that works for you.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching; and a little medical billing.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I am in Direct Sales w/ Gold Canyon Candles! This business is not only fun, but honestly easy because they sell themselves. If you would like to hear more let me know! You can make great money w/ this, just depends how much you work at it as it is w/ any other business. Best of luck on your search!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Congratulations on your Pregnancy! I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 22 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 9:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2011