Is it too late for me to start cloth diapering? Will I really save money after starting so late?

I have a 6 month old daughter and a 23 month old daughter. We will begin potty training the 23 month old next week on her 2nd birthday.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't think it's too late! We didn't do it to save money, though, we did it for mainly enviromental reasons. Cloth diapers are spendy and you will need to wash them probably everyday.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It's never too late. I love cloth diapers and with the family having another baby due any day I'm stocked up with cloth diapers!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I started CDing when DS was 13/14 mos! Saved tons.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think you will still benefit from it! GL!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I don't think it's too late
    CadincesMom

Answer by CadincesMom at 8:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I started cloth diapers for my son when he was 7 months old. I love them and have saved $ already and he just turned one. I only have 12 diapers, but I don't really need any more.

LadyQuin

Answer by LadyQuin at 11:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Definitely not, especially if you pick up diapers on freecycle

Answer by rkoloms at 9:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• cloth diapers are good if you want to save money or the environment. They stinks badly (more than the normal ones) but they are better for the environment. And they are cheaper. I didn't like them in the beginning but I am getting more CD friendly. And I like that I don't have to throw them to the rubbish. Normal diapers need so much space. It is more washing but less rubbish. I usually use disposable diapers when I go out somewhere. So I don't have to carry the stinky ones with me:P Mhaw:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 12:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2011