Carribean Cruise or Alaska?

DH & I are contemplating where to go for our anniversary. We have narrowed it down to these two very different vacations! lol! If $$ was no object which would you choose??

CayShek

Asked by CayShek at 7:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Travel

• I have done about six Caribbean cruises, but only one Alaskan cruise. I went to Alaska at the end of June and it was beautiful. Fantastic experience. Would love to go again. It is more expensive to go to Alaska so you can go to Caribbean whenever. They are always having fantastic sales there. We have gone on cruises to the Caribbean for under $60 a night per person.
    Alaska was nature, history, fantastic.
    Caribbean is mostly beach, food, partying--Same old--Same old.
    JMHO
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• ROFL that's my dilemna too! We've done 1 Caribbean, and I really really want to go on an Alaskan cruise but I also want to go somewhere really warm again...Okay. My question to you: Have you been on a cruise before, ever, to anywhere? What time of year would you be going?
    Anonymous

• Alaska!!! I have been to the Caribbean and it was ok. I am not big on salt water unless I am diving though so it wasn't really for me. I would love to go to Alaska and see all the wildlife.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Carribean..,.at least if the ship has problems, there is enough boat traffic in that area that you wouldn't be stranded very long.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Caribbean. My best friend did an Alaskan cruise in September and hated it. Plus, you get SO much more for your money... I want to go back! lol
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 7:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I did the C. Cruise. I wasn't impressed. My dad booked us on an Alaskan cruise but he died a month before we were to leave. I'd still rather try the A. cruise though.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I have done both. They were both wonderul. However if I had to choose I would go back to Alaska.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would not do an Alaskan Cruise though. I would want to travel through Alaska on my own
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i would choose the alaskan cruise...i think the scenery would be welllll worth it!! but you do have to go at certain times, otherwise it could be foggy the whole time, and not see anything!! and that would just suck!! lol..but i would definetly pick alaska first!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I have done the Carribean many times. I think Alaskea would be really cool. Too expensive for us, thats why we haven't. It is also a place I would look more into a cruise tour to get more into the state after or before the cruise. So It would require more time off work.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011