How many actually know about vaccine reactions and what are they

Many parents have no clue about vaccine reactions. Do you know what they are, and where to report them? Have you ever read a vaccine study prior to allowing you/your child to be vaccinated? Had your pediatrician ever given you a list of vaccine reactions to view prior to being vaccinated?

tamik981

Asked by tamik981 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I was told the side effects which may or may not happen, but hun, I have three grown kids who got everyone of them and now and as children were super healthy, never even getting usual childhood diseases.

Answer by older at 7:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Every time my son gets a vaccination, the nurse always gives us a paper on the reactions to it. Even when I got my ddtp shot last year, the nurse gave me a paper on the reactions. I always read them just in case something should happen.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• AS the other posters said, They always give me the papers to read over before they give my child the shot so I know what I'm doing and what to expect
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It seems pretty obvious that the information is available online or in a Library and that most people already know about Vaccinations. But, just in case, Doctors offices have tons of info for Moms. BTW, I always asked the Pediatrician and trusted him and also trusted my Ob-Gyn. It is not that hard to become informed and then it is so much easier to work with the Medical Professionals when dealing with Pregnancy and Child care.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• When my son first received his vaccinations 16 years ago, I wasn't given any information regarding the vaccines or possible reactions other than "he may have a fever" & "the site where he gets the shot may be red". I wish that the information that is available now was available then, because I would have never consented to him getting any. My son had a significant reaction to his vaccines and is now medically exempt.
    Anonymous