Just wanted to pay my bill!

I took a friend to lunch today, resturant was slow and all I wanted to do was pay the bill. Waitress put our check on the table and disappeared for a very long time, I asked another waitress if I could pay my bill and was told I'd have to wait until my waitress was off her break! I was pissed! Remember only 3 customers in the resturant, would you have been p.o.'d

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• If someone is going to go on break, then they need to have someone cover. You cannot and should not leave your department or tables without a waittress. Customers remember how they were served and if you're not served well, then you're not coming back. The other waitress could've taken care of your bill. Every place I have been to other waittresses have taken the bill and the original waittress just comes and collects the tip. It's simple enough. As long as the customer gets served.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would have either told someone, another waitress, manager or whoever to either take ur check, and if they couldn't have done that, i would have walked right out the door. That's RUDE!!!! Ok, well leaving is rude too, so maybe I would have just left the money on the table that covered the bill (if that's how u were paying)
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes, I'd be pissed, if I had cash I'd leave it on the table, if not, I'd write them a check and leave that on the table, (even if they don't take checks). I wouldn't eat there again!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Iw ould have asked to speak to the manager. When i was a waitress, someone was always supposed to watch your tables if you stepped out. And we didn't even really get breaks. When you have a customer, you don't take a break.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You bet your behind......I would have be majorly ticked. If someone else wouldn't take care of it for me, I would have left.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would have been ticked off too! In fact if I was told that my waitress was on break and I had to wait, I would promptly demand to speak with a manager and say " If you want my meal paid for then someone had better take the payment NOW cause in 5 seconds I am walking out that door - whether the bill is paid or not! I should not have to wait for my waitress to finish her break - especially since you are NOT busy and there are other servers available to ring up my ticket. My time is important to me and I do have other things to do today!"
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would have asked for the manager and told him a thing or 2 about poor customer service, then tell him I was a mystery shopper & thier restraunt is getting a bad review before I walk out.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Gosh, how rude they were to you! I guess you will think twice, before you go there again, I know I would!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• sounds like no tip too me! i would have been angry
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes, very.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2011