shes 2 1/2 and not potty trained..i need help, ideas, please!

she will tell me when she needs t pee, but she will go in her room and poop in her pullup and the play with it. i dont know what to do, PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Repetition.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• 2 and 1/2 is still very young. She is half way there. Just keep reminding her. When she goes in her room take her to the potty. Make it fun. She will get there.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• She's fine. The more she can understand, the more she will do. Praise her when she pees in the potty then tell her to tell you when she needs to poop. Don't get discouraged. Many children do what she's doing. She's learning though. Just keep at it.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Supervise her appropriately. There are a bunch of reasons (and you've found a good one) why 2.5yos should not be in their rooms alone.

She is probably just not ready to do everything on the toilet. Kids learn (and develop) at different rates and in differing orders... so what the other 2.5yos you know can or can't do has nothing at all to do with your kid. She'll learn when she's ready and capable, and pushing it will make much more mess than her playing in poo.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• First, I wouldn't fret, my daughter wasn't potty trained until she was almost 3. If she's peeing all the time and just not pooping that's normal. I Would try to set her on the toilet when you know she has to poop or is in the middle of pooping. For some reason the pooping scares a lot of kids. Sounsd like she is on the right track GL
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Supervise more closely for awhile so you can see the signs that she is going to poop. She is almost there! Be patient.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• my son was complettly potty trained to an extent when he was 2 and half he would only poop in a diaper, it was so bad he would constipate himself to the point where it would hurt him, he got over it, one day i wouldnt put a diaper on him because i got frustrated he went on the floor and after that he never used a diaper again, my daughter on the other hand liked using the potty she just didnt know when so we invested in pulls up which worked great for her, by her third birthday she was out of them and sleeping all night with nothing but undies. four months now and going strong with her
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My son is 3 and not completely potty trained and Im not worried. Good Luck
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2011