Your opinion of Miley's bong video?

What was your opinion of the you tube miley cyrus video where she is smoking "saliva" out of a bong? Did you children ask you anything about it? Do you still think she is a "good rolemodel"?

CayShek

Asked by CayShek at 7:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• She's just doing the same thing Christina Aguilera did with her second record... Miley was a former Disney kid, much like Christina, and feels she needs to do some controversial things to separate herself from that title. Christina Aguilera got signed on to make bubble pop music, and with her 2nd album she stepped out a lot further to try and show that she was NOT that kind of singer... Miley is doing essentially the same thing now.

Not saying she's a good role model, but she will likely chill out in the next two years or so.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I have never thought she was a good role model, except to you anyone can do what they strive for, but not because of the video, she was just being a normal teen and goofing off, and the salvia was not an illegal substance.

Answer by older at 7:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Miley Cyrus is a role model yes but I think people pay far too much attention to what she's doing outside of the Disney Channel itself. I'm not going to let my children watch the bong video so why the would I care about it? All they know is the Hannah Montana sugar coated side.

She's entitled to make mistakes just like everyone is.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'm so over Miley. I was relieved to see she is a normal teen!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• She wasn't smoking "saliva" -- she was smoking SALVIA DIVINORUM. Trust me, I've smoked the stuff. She had a pretty normal reaction to it; it wasn't pot. That wasn't a pot high, haha. Salvia is not illegal. It does create a high, but it is completely legal and sold in many stores all throughout the US.

Anyway, it doesn't change my opinion of her. I didn't have a high opinion of her to start with -- she's just like all the other teen stars. They start to gain fame, and with it freedom. And they abuse it. I am neither surprised nor appalled.

And no, I don't believe she's a good role model. But I would venture to say she's a better role model than Jamie Lynn Spears (pregnant at 16) or Bristol Palin (preaching abstinence and being indecent and guileless enough to have unprotected sex and get pregnant while her mother was on the campaign trail).
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 8:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Name one 'star' who is the perfect role model? I mean technically she did nothing wrong. What she was smoking is legal and she is not 12 anymore she is 18. She is an adult now. If she chooses to smoke Salvia and act like an idiot it's her prerogative. In her defense she is not in rehab or jail yet. Can't say the same for a lot of young stars.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2011