How does one "personally attack" an anon poster?

If you don't know who the person is, how can any statement directed at them be personal? It would seem if people insist they use anon to "not be attacked" that pretty much invalidates them later insisting they are being "personally attacked" when someone responds to their anonymous post, no?

For that matter, how exactly is disagreeing with someone or making a general statement that isn't directed at anyone a "personal attack"?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in About CafeMom

• OK- NOW I have the last word... quick, close the question.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Come on NP, we all know you re good at getting personal, you don't know any of us either and that has never stopped you before.

Answer by older at 7:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Older you rock.
    Anonymous

• A personal attack is a snarky,mean reply to someone's post that only expresses her opinion about a topic.
    For example,If I say that I think Nancy Pelsoi has been unfairly attacked by the Media, instead of allowing me my opinion, someone would reply wth a personal insult meant only for me. A personal attack might be calling me a LIB or hintng that I am not very smart or telling me that I am as dumb as Pelosi,etc. Those arejust hypothetical and haven't been posted in those exact words but ....That is what happens too often to too many posters.
    It is hard to have an opinion .....when all that happens is a personal attack from someone who disagrees. It s not just disagreement---it is rude and mean.You know what I am saying....don't deny it.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Pretty sure you personally attacked a poster, who was not anonymous, over gas prices.

Anonymous

• A -frickin- MEN!

He he he! I LOVE you NP!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I love you older lol!
    Anonymous

• Lmao!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I like how you are attempting to take the heat off yourself in your own question OP.

Anonymous

• OP we all know you like the last word. I am done dancing with you today.
    Anonymous