does this seem like a

puppy mill to you? it sure does to me.

http://www.wildwindkennel.net/yard.htm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pets

• Not really... I thought that it was a kennel... before I even read that it is a kennel.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 7:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I don't know what a puppy mill is but that didn't seem that bad to me.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• As much as I hate any type of kennel that breeds puppies, this is not typically a puppy mill....

and this is what you're supporting if you buy a dog from a pet store. Period.

http://www.hua.org/about-puppy-mills.html

Feel free to share the link :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• only reason i questioned it was that they have so many different breeds of dogs. they are probably one of the nicer ones if they are one. at first i thought they were ok but i wanted to do more research and found links of people saying this place was a puppymill.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• No they seem to be responsible and have lots of room for the animals to run and play. Puppymills don't have that.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• basically a puppy mill is just irresponsible breeding...technically "backyard breeders" can be termed puppy mills...and just b/c they have room to run and play doesn't mean it can't be a puppy mill...In my not so humble opinion, I think any kind of breeding should not be allowed until the shelters are empty...period. It's disgusting that in my city alone, more than 60,000 dogs die each year...and even more cats...as far as Im concerned, even if you have a license it shouldn't be allowed...there will always be illegal breeding and it sucks. Anyway, I know that wasn't your question but it's a hot topic to me :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes! That is a puppymill. They are breeding several differant breeds some of which are mutts. That is not a reputable breeder. A reputable breeder will tend to focus on one breed sometimes they will tak on two breeds but 9 differant ones.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• YES that is a puppymill. They have several different breeds of dogs. They look uncared for as well. The biggest screamer was when the line said "we do not keep our pups in wirebottomed cages" followed by pictures of dogs in wire bottomed cages.

REPORT THEM!!!!
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2011