If you've read Wicked and/or The Mists of Avalon

How long did it take you to read? I've been reading Mists for about 4 days now, at least 30 minutes at a time, and I'm still only on page 60! I'm not a super fast reader, but I can't read very quickly with that book for some reason. I just started Wicked and I'm about 40 pages in from one short sitting. I feel like it's going to be November before I can finish Mists lol, which sucks because I checked it out from the library and I'm pretty sure you can only renew once if it's borrowed from another branch (our county has three libraries in three different towns and they share books).

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I've read both, and neither took my longer than a few days, but with that said, I am a fast reader and before I had my son, I used to read atleast a book a week. Keep reading! They're both great stories no matter how long it takes you! :)
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I read pretty fast, but Wicked took me about two weeks. It's VERY dense and political. It doesn't really get going until about 1/3 in. LOVED it, though!
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 10:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I couldn't wade through Wicked. I kind of liked the idea of it, but it was SO LONG!! And not particularly well-written to take that long. In the end, when I got to the end of the 2nd or 3rd chapter, I quit. I just didn't care.

I've never made it past the 5th page of Mists.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I love both of them so far. I saw the movie/mini-series Mists of Avalon before I even knew there was a book, so ever since I've been determined to read it. I think it's going to end up being the Jan-Feb fantasy book in my group on Good Reads, so maybe that will motivate me to REALLY dig into it lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think I'm going to have to return these for the time being and just order copies of them (I found both on Amazon for about $8 total, not including shipping). I really like them so far, but I have 3 or 4 books to read this semester for college and two of those have to be read by mid-February (plus I have other books that I'm in the middle of lol). I'm stretching myself a little thin trying to go at both of these, plus 3 other books, plus the ones for classes...all at the same time. *Sigh* Do they make rehab for bookaholics? I need it.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Jan. 10, 2011