my dr. told me i have a miscarrige but i don't have any signs. Why?

i have three pelvic ultrasound and my next one is to see if the egg is growing or not. i felt bloating but thats it. a little back pain thats normal. i have three kids already this is my fourth. but why? i use to have depo shot like year ago. before that i have IUD. my normal period start back in August 2010. i miss my period in Nov and found out im pregnant in dec 2010. now my dr. tells me i might have a miscarrige. no signs at all....

Can someone tell me why? i need a second opinion. i dont want to make a mistake. if they take it out of me and still alive. i dont know what to do.

jxiong28

Asked by jxiong28 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, maybe he seen something? Please be sure though-like you said you don't want to have them
    have the little one out and its growth was okay. I don't have advice heres a bump
    Anonymous

• dont worry they will make sure that it is not alive before they take it out. how far along are you supposed to be?
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I used to intern int the ultrasound department. We would see that the baby was dead, and still go on with the appointment like the baby was fine. It was against the rules for us to give the patient the bad news. The doctor had to tell the parents.
    Maybe the doctor knows something he hasn't detailed to you. I too would get a second opinion.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'd get a second opinion but I think that there must be something that the doctor didn't tell you, they're normally sure if they mention it. However if you are having another pelvic ultrasound to see if the egg is growing you could ask then and they'll also know then definitively what's going on in there.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It sounds like the Dr is preparing you for what may come.. Something may not be developing the way it should or your cervix is not closed etc.. many things can cause a MC.. They will not do a D&C until after you have started to MC on your own and then they may do it to make sure everything is removed.. My cousin had a MC just a few months back, the embryo did not develop past 5 weeks, when she was 9 weeks pregnant. She MC'ed on her own then the D&C was done.... Try and stay calm until you know for sure.. Hugs to you in this tough time.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Well did they do any blood work? Because your HCG hormones could have decreased meaning that the pregnancy has stopped developing. I had a bilited (sp?) ovum, and didn't start miscarrying until I was 12 weeks along. I went into the hospital because of some back pain and found out I was having a miscarriage. I didn't start expelling everything until a couple days after. They normally wont do a d and c unless it is life threatening or your body doesn't expel it itself. Good luck!! Ask your doctor more questions if you are unsure, they are the only ones who can give you advice on your situation! If all else get a second opinion!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• i've had numerous miscarriages and one sounded just like you are describing. I had a blighted ovum which is basically where there is a sac but no embryo. i agree maybe he is trying to prepare you for it if its going to happen. with that one I had to have a D&C because i was 13 weeks along
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 8:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• my dr. didn't explain anything to me. If this is a miscarrige it will be the first. But i hope not.

ali 1107; the dr gave blood test. but they didn't give me any reason of anything. they just told me that im having a miscarrige. so my next pelvic ultasound will see if anything changes.
    jxiong28

Comment by jxiong28 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Ask questions.. Medical professionals sometimes forget non medical people don't understand what they are talking about. If you don't ask, most will not go into detail.. I know it sucks but I see it all the time. I tell my pts at work to ask and keep asking until they understand and never feel like they can't ask.. Write down all the questions you have so when you go back you wont forget.

Sometimes just the shock of the info will stop someone from asking but please ask, call back, get the best info from the person that knows you and the situation..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• When I was 5 weeks pregnant (the day I found out) I was in the hospital with horrible back pain... They did a pelvic ultrasound and saw that I was 5 weeks pregnant- They did a blood draw and saw that my HGC numbers didn't match with the size of the fetus. They were ready to bring me into the opperating room to remove the fetus, but I refused because they couldnt give me any explanation of what was going on- I left AMI with a paper that said I was risking death because they thought (I guess) that I had a tuble pregnancy.
    in the days to come I was having pelvic ultrasounds every 48 hours to see how the baby was progressing, they were looking for a fetal pole, than a heart beat.
    They wanted to do a D&C a week later because nothing was happening, I was in "denial" about the miscarrage I was having. They were checking my HGC leavels and they wernt doubling every 48 hours as they should have, so they knew I was looseing my CONT-
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 9:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2011