i fell!

Almost 37 weeks. I fell backwards while attempting to squat and I tensed up something fierce. My stomach and lower back hurt now. Im just wondering if I should get checked. Im assuming since I didn't fall on my belly the baby is ok?

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 8:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• well I'd get checked out. you baby is safe in there- protected but all sorts of padding and fluid- but if you are in any amount of pain- and or if you tore anything- you'll want to address that so as not to hurt it anymore during labor
    stephanieplante

Answer by stephanieplante at 8:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would get checked out just to make sure everything is ok!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I say get checked out ,but if there is no spotting or bleeding I bet you are fine. I delivered both of mine, completely healthy, at 37 weeks. Just FYI.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Call and ask your doctor. Especially if you still hurt.

Answer by Bmat at 8:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it. Your womb is a super safe place for your baby and shields them from a lot. I fell down the stairs just recently and that is what my doctor said. If I had any signs them to come in but otherwise the baby was fine.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My SIL is about 34 weeks, VERY high risk, and has fallen too many times this pregnancy - all of her docs & specialists have said she doesn't need to come in unless she's bleeding or having contractions that won't stop - they've said the same thing ever since she first fell at 7 weeks. I was told the same thing, I fell one time during one pregnancy, called, and was told unless I was bleeding or contracting I didn't need to come in.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone. I did end up called and they said as long as im not bleeding and the baby is still moving I don't need to come in but to watch it over night!
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I once fell HARD right on my stomach at 35 weeks.... but everything was ok....

but YES you should get checked anyways.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 8:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes you should get checked at that stage, especially if anything hurts afterwards. It's always better to be safe than sorry during pregnancy.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2011