• In the Spotlight:

Is there anyone that can give me advice on things to do around the home with my girls. ages almost 4 and almost 2.

I have great friends that are also parants and most of them are only parents to one child. I have 2 little girls and I never had my mom so I never really learned from anyone and so I've been trying to do it sa best I can. When I only had my oldest I interacted with her and we did things together all the time. Now, I have another little girl and so much stuff to do around the house and at work that I feel I don't really pay attention to them or bond with them. I don't have money like my friends do to do stuff outside the home and with 2 kids by myself out is a little hard to manage that it ends up frustrating me. My odlest daughter is going into surgery in the next week and a half and theres so much preparing that I need to do also. I guess my stress is getting the best of me and I'm ashamed to ask my friends because I feel that they'll just think I'm a bad mom.

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 12:48 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What I do to keep my three year old busy. We find crafts to do OL. One of our favorites is making Kool Aid playdough. That way your girls can pick their own favorite scent. Another thing is making cookies or another thing I like to do and if you have a DVD player in your bedroom and a TV you can make your bedroom into a movie theatre during the day. Put something over the windows to make it DARK. Pop popcorn have some softdrinks and maybe a little candy. A fav. movie and viola...Mom's movie theatre open for business, Hope this helps!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Make slime. :) Corn starch and water. Very cool. Make nightgowns with fabric markers and white t-shirts. Use cardboard so the markers won't bleed through. We love ours. :O)
    Playdough is great too. Make an obstacle course. Use tape on the floor for a "balance beam". We inflate an air mattress halfway and use it as a crash bag to jump off the couch. FUN. Build a tent out of chairs and blankets and read stories in there.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Oh my goodness, so much to do! My boys were huge helpers. Chore wise I would make a game outta laundry. I would place two baskets aside and I would give them items to help sort and put in. My 11year old now does his own laundry and my 4year old knows how to separate! Give each one a wipey and play the game of 'who can find the most dirt'. When you are online, have them pick out the cookie shapes and decorations. This way you all get to 'play'. Have a movie party, theme it. Naptime is a great time to pick up around the house real quick and maybe relax for a minute. NEVER be afraid to ask your friends for help. You are not a bad Mom. I am sure someone would enjoy playing for a couple of hours so you can catch up on stuff! Heck I would rather help someone than do my own vaccuming! Have fun!
    NoDramaMamma

Answer by NoDramaMamma at 2:46 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Ok we are so in the same boat, that is almost my kids age, and we are soo broke too lol. there 4 and 2 and both girls and I have no mom neitha, (and yes I was recently there too) they just want your attention. We color, or play school, my 4 year old does her a's and my 2 year old colors on the same kind of paper. I bring them outside and watch them run, I just dont sit there I stand in between them and yell run run run run like spartagous lol (they run even faster and its so funny) and tell them to play catch but be careful of the baby because she cant run fast. I get my big pg but on the floor or couch and watch ridicoulous amounts of cartoons, or put them on in my room and let them get in my bed with me, we play tickle games, beauty parlor (the baby imitates us),
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 7:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• we just started the beauty palor today lol. we make cards for family members,hey good idea people love scribble scratch from kids for christmas, am not lying they swear its too cute. lol. If your cool with it, jump in the bed with them, oh its soooo fun, and we run threw the house and scream and yell gonna catch u lol, ok so I'm not the normal mom, but its so freaken fun. and they even like to help clean up so hey take advantage they just like to help mom. hope it helps need to talk im here
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 7:41 AM on Nov. 13, 2008