Would you rather your husband spoil you or treat you equal ?

basically, treat you equal or treat you better ?

I am asking because I obviously think I would rather be "spoiled" .

I love my husband and I treat him well but honestly he treats me better than I do him ( usually because my attention is based on the kids and the house) .... he always gives me my way, gets me little gifts, and basically puts me on a pedistal.

So the other day was our anniversary and he got me an anniversary band ( goes on top of my wedding ring set)... I posted the photo of it on facebook... I had alot of comments on it, one from a friend who said how great my husband is and I replied " yeah he spoils me" ..... I then got a comment from on of my aunts friends ( my aunt had me add her when she first got facebook) .... and said that a marriage will last longer when you are treated as an equal, not a queen bee .....

I dont know, I kind of thought it was a little rude..... also considering this woman has been divorced 3 times and is currently single, and we have been married for 7 happy years, I dont think I want to take her advice.... what do you think ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think I agree with you. My parents have been married around 22 years. And I'm not married, but I'm happily with my other half and it seems kind of natrual that the guy spoils us more than we do them because we do focus a little more on the home and the kids. I would just ignore her little comment because it was rude..
    BraydinsMommy09

Answer by BraydinsMommy09 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about what she said. Your husband is obviously proud to be with you.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• His spoiling me doesn't make me rank higher than him as far as either of us see it.
    I stay home, run this house, raise our children. I don't make money. I earn ever bit of my spoils.
    At least that's what works for us.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 8:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I also might add that it seems to me you do what makes your marriage work, not what someone else thinks you should do.
    Just ignore her comment. I would.
    Hell, delete it.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 8:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My husband spoils me rotten, and I wouldn't want it any other way!

Answer by missanc at 8:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• A marriage works when each person thinks they are the lucky one.

I think I am spoiled and he thinks he is spoiled.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Equal

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Equal.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• wearing crowni like being spoiled.

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• We're both spoiled. I just bought him a new Mac Book pro laptop.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2011