Contraction or just wore out?

I'm 34 weeks with my first baby. Everyone is drving me crazy with well is it a contraction, I have no idea because I don't know what they feel like! I'm in tears right now and feel like I'm going to just throw up. My stomache hurts so bad it feels like I have been doing situps for 15 hours! But when I touch my stomach it doesn't feel hard like everyone says it is suppose to. But the feeling don't stay every couple minutes it comes and goes. I try drinking , walking, holding my belly up, everything and it don't work..... Any advice what it is or what I can do??

I also went into preterm labor when I was 28 weeks.

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• honey- if you went into preterm labor at 28 weeks and are having pain that comes and goes I would call you docotor or go to the maternity ward ASAP- like NOW. It could be the beginning of labor or it could be strong braxton hicks.. you are almost there but baby is not quite ready yet. So go get checked just to be sure.
    stephanieplante

Answer by stephanieplante at 8:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• if you went into preterm labor before i would go in and get checked. typically contractions are so many minutes apart and dont go away. brackson hicksons go away with different activity and vary in time. but being as you have a history of preterm labor i would go in.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Even though my stomach don't feel hard when I touch it with my hands it could still be possible contractions/braxton hicks? Because everyone keeps telling me if I can't feel my stomach like a rock with my hands then its nothing... :S
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I went into pre-term labor at 30wks and I thought it was Braxton Hicks. I would go get check out if i were you. GL
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 8:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If your belly isn't hard then it probably isn't contractions. Time them and see if they are coming regularly. Make sure you are sitting/laying to time them.. contractions can space themselves differently when you are laying down vs when you are active. if you have 6 in an hour then that is the 'standard' to call your OB.. but if they are irregular then they are probably Braxton Hicks. It is a little difficult to tell with your first.. so don't feel bad if you go in and they tell you you're only having the Braxton Hicks. At this stage you're better safe than sorry!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• your story sounds just like mine i.m 34 weeks 4 days, preterm since 26 weeks... just to be safe i'd go get checked and me of all people knows how annoying it is to have to keep going in to labor and delivery i've been there twice in the last week... but its better to be safe then sorry... Good luck you really don't want your baby to be a premmie
    Mrs.carlton

Answer by Mrs.carlton at 6:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2011