Would you love it, or be practically embarrassed for people (like I am)?

The town where I live has a theme going. City planners must have been nothing but Southern bred women at some point because our streets, schools, subdivisions, and parks are mostly named after something in Gone With The Wind. I'm not even kidding. It doesn't bother me. It just cracks me up.

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 8:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• LMAO! That's kind of awesome in a crazy kind of way. I would probably just smile, shake my head and then tell people on CM lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think it is funny, but could be taken more seriously.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• There is a really nice neighborhood near where I live called Christopher Robbins. It used to be Christopher Robin (as in Winnie the Pooh), but there was some sort of legal problem. Anyway, all the streets in the neighborhood are Winnie the Pooh themed...there's Honeypot Way, Roo's Place, Honeytree Lane, Owl's Nest, and Blustery Way. Isn't that funny? I kind of thought it was a joke when I first heard about it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• cute different and weird all rolled into one
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Really? In a real town? I've seen cheesy naming themes before, but only in subdivisions. For example, my cousin lives in a development where everything is named something baking-related. In an actual incorporated town it would be even cheesier.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes. In a thriving suburb. It's so un...something.
    misses_nick

Comment by misses_nick (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My commuinty is also like that. Several of the streets even have the same names (frustrating and odd). Freedom, liberty, noble hawk, anthem, etc.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 8:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I have heard of neighborhoods like that. My parents subdivision is all horse themed and mine is Native American tribes and stuff. I have never heard of a whole town being themed. I think it is funny,
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2011