how to stop a 2 year old from biteing again

My daughter turns 2 in feb, and she has started biting us this month i have had people tell me to bite her back but i dont believe in that, is there anything else i can do to stop her.

jaydensmom0921

Asked by jaydensmom0921 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was going to say bite her back. Maybe you could bite DH and have him cry about it hurting, then have her make him better and tell her not to bite????????
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Have her bite a bar of soap. Non-toxic of course. The sample size works best. Make sure she bites till you can see teeth marks. This worked for my daughter.
    Sonshiner

Answer by Sonshiner at 8:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• When we were small my mom couldn't bear to bite us back either.

She waited until she saw my sister go in for the chomp once, and then shoved the baby's own hand into her mouth. Obviously she cried, but Mom said it was easier than deliberately hurting her and she never did it again.
    littlevee

Answer by littlevee at 9:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• thank you everyone for your comments
    jaydensmom0921

Comment by jaydensmom0921 (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I couldnt do the bite him back thig either. Everyone swears by it to. My son was doing that for awhile right after he turned to we just did a time out every single time for 2 mintues. It took about a week and he hasnt done it again... Good luck
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My cousin has a biter and she stopped it with a lemon. The baby had to bite a lemon everytime he bit a friend. That helped.
    Noahs_Mom2005

Answer by Noahs_Mom2005 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i used the crying tactic...it worked...she hated seeing me cry...with my nephew though it got to the point where i put a drop of hot sauce on his lip and he never bit me again..
    proudmama101906

Answer by proudmama101906 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2011