exterior colors

We are getting our house built ( one story ranch style ) ... we are close to a main road but we have trees surrounding us ... my interior decorating style is kind of cottage-y and country ....... and I want the outside to be like that too... at first we thought of making it look like a log cabin ... but my husband wasnt to happy with that... then I thought of a darn red or a dark blue... but we cant decide what colors for the trim or shutters .....we have also thought of a sage green color.... but we just dont know...

we still do have a few months before we have to decide but we just seem to be going in circles....

I need ideas for the house and the trim and shutters...

any ideas?

* also I would prefer to stay away from lighter colors

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Medium blue with tan and brown accents

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• The green with a different shade of green trim. Blue and Red are good only for a short time. They are not colors that will last.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I have a grey house with colonial blue shutters and a red door (colonial style). I usually think of cottage style homes as being light in color...
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• One of my favourite looks is that pool-table green with black accents. I've seen a combination of mulberry/wine with deep purple that looked good, too... on a Victorian style house.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• meggie - I was thinking of a darker grey color... and I would LOVE a red door
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You can actually plug all those into a house at Alside's website and see what they look like put together:  Alside, it's the Design Showcase, click the first one to launch the program.  It's a lot of fun to play with!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• How about a slate blue, you could trim with a white or black. The combination looks really good.
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 2:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2011