Should my 2 year old switch to a junior bed?

My 2 year old sleeps in a crib. She does not sleep through the night and she loves being in bed with my husband and I. I was thinking that if I got her in to a "big girl" bed with rails then maybe she would like it better than her crib.

She is not good at self soothing, so I am trying everything I can to help her like her bed, etc...hoping she will sleep through the night!

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'd love some tips. Be honest. I like it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think that it would be easier for her to get out and come to your room from a jr. bed. I would keep her in the crib a little longer. Six months or so.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I think it is a Great start , maybe she can take naps in the toddler bed/or crib to start her off. Try to reward her so it will encourage her to keep doing it. if she is a wild sleeper keep the crib a lil while longer. GL
    Mrsmom09

Answer by Mrsmom09 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I moved my kiddos to a twin at 15 months and 18 months. Do what you think is best.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• my two year olds are in twin size beds and have been in them since 18 months.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• with toddler bed is very good to buy?
    czego

Answer by czego at 10:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• thats a hard one, i would say yes but then be ready to have her in your bed with you, which my daughter still comes into mine every morning without fail, i try telling her not until there is light outside but it doesnt work, i think night lights throw her off, its all a matter or what you are comfortable with, i would say yes if you dont mind another body in bed, and no if you are not ready for that, i think she is old enough for a toddler bed though, but be prepared for it to go either way. I am a firm believer of talking about things and repeat repeat repeat, maybe show her pictures or ask her if she likes yours and would like her own big bed, good luck!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• any toddlers bed with side rails i think is good to buy, there isnt a brand i would recomend, its what you can afford with side rails, my son however was in a queen size bed at two but he is a very big boy he is 4 and wears six to size eight clothing
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:24 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Thats where I would start and see how it goes. Good Luck
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2011