Garage Rats

Our garage is absolutely filled with stuff.
My husband says that we have rats.
How can I get rid of them?
Poison?
I cannot pull the things out with rats in there.
I have never seen any evidence of rats.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 8:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I am sorry I do not really have any advice for you but I had to laugh at ANON because there was a cat living in my MIL's garage that she took in and we lovingly call Garage Cat.
    I do agree with the poison though...they will die and leave a stench like you wouldnt believe...its best to try to find the food source, set live traps and close up any holes...they can squeaze into any hole thier head fits through!
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You need a couple garage cats.
    Anonymous

• Time to clean the garage :( If you poison them, they will die, and the smell is AWFUL!!!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If you had rats, you would have rat poop and holes in everything. I would not use poison. If they die, they stink. If a cat gets them after it has eaten poison the cat dies. I would take away the food supply. They will leave and use traps.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I had rats in my shed. I just went in one day and cleaned it all out and bleached the floor down with bleach. There are no signs of them now. Call an exterminator. They bring those sticky pads then you can call them to come pick them up after the rats get stuck to the pads.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Holy cow. Call an exterminator! I would have a stroke if I thought there were RATS on my property!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011