Child Support???

My husband's ex wife has been ordered to pay cs but she doesn't. She took us back to court a couple of years ago to try to get her son back to living with her and had her mom catch her up on her cs before we went. Now she is almost 8000 behind again. We filled out papers with the attorney general this time to try to get help enforcing it but she is a stay at home mom now. Will they try to take it out of her husbands check or just keep sending her letters to pay?

Note: She quite her job 5 years ago so she wouldn't have to pay her monthly cs agreement and has been living off of her boyfriends ever since. She did have a job for only 3 or 4 months and that was the only time we got cs other than her mom paying it.

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 9:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• You should get their tax check this year if you contacted the attorney general soon enough.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• We thought that last year to and we never did.
    aheuszel

Comment by aheuszel (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• here if you have to pay child support and dont work the judge tells you to get a job.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 9:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I live in Indiana, and I had to pay a one time fee of $25 to the prosecutor's office, and I now get his tax check every year he is behind on his taxes. I would call your Child support office and see what you can find out. There's no reason you should get their tax check, even if they won't take it out of her husbands check. GL
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• it depend on the state if they will count her dh's income or not . In THIS TYPE of case where the NCP is not employed and supported by the SO I believe that they do ... but not 100% and it depends on the judge and the state.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 9:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• *I'm sorry, behind on his child support, not taxes
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• How do they take their taxes if they go to a place and they get the rapid refund? It would be to late for the state to take it and give it to us, wouldn't it? I thought thats why we didn't get it last year.
    aheuszel

Comment by aheuszel (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• When you submit your taxes, by your social security number, they are able to see if they're behind on child support. It's just like if you win the lottery, you can't hide from Child support, they'll getcha! I hope you find a way to get it b/c I know how bad it sucks. The only thing that would happen if they get rapid refund is you would get a little less b/c of the high charge of it. Good luck to you
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Thank you!!
    aheuszel

Comment by aheuszel (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I didn't get his tax check last year b/c I hadn't been to the prosector's office early enough for them to submit his information as being behind. Iw ould def. call your local officer-child support and ask for advise. I couldnt' believe how cheap it was for me to get help, and I'm not on assistance or anything, that's how it is for anyone in our city
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011