39 weeks... adult content

anyone else this far along have contractions every time they poop? I drink a LOT of water, so I poop like 3-4 times a day and every time I do I get BAD contractions. They go away as soon as I'm done in the bathroom though. What's up with that?

soflashelley

Asked by soflashelley at 9:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• because you are at the end of the pregnancy youll get contractions for about everything that makes you stressed or if you have to make any kind of effort.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I agree with Gou-
    This is why some women use Castor oil- it brings on labor faster, POOP AWAY lady, its only gonna bring on those conttractions strong, and baby sooner!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 9:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes, but please do not use Castor Oil!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• No castor oil... Save yourself the pain. But your having small contractions from the bowel movements. It's all the same muscles!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• When going your bowels contract which can be hard to tell what is actually contracting. Im only 19 weeks and it feels the same for me too. Also, those muscles you use to "move your bowels" are the same muscles you use to push your baby out. when i delivered my first child they told me to push like i was trying to poop. So i think it may just be a feeling you get from things so close to the uterus contracting and using those same muscles together.
    Nicolenew

Answer by Nicolenew at 12:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011