My tween age sister asked my mother what does sex feel like...

I told my mom to talk to her about sex now before she gets more (already sure her and friends have talked about sex like they really know anything) bad advice from her peers.

My mom is real squimish about stuff like that. She proablly does know that much herself lol she never discussed sex with me I had to learn from books, movies, and friends. My mo's belife is that someone else will teach her...Im like wow what a way to win a parent of the year award lol

Butwhat advice can I give my sister since my mother fails in this department?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 9:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• yikes.... GL
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Pinpoint it directly. GL.

khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• it all depends on how mature your sis is at her age they have books explaining in kid terms about things maybe you could check out the library good luck
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 9:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Tell her the good doesn't come until your out of college!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 9:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Just tell her if she has any questions - come to you apparently. And tell her that no question will you consider too embarassing so that she won't feel to shy to ask you questions.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• sucks cause even though my sister doesnt want to be like my mom she has a lot of her stubborness. Which is BAD. Some stubborness is good but not this kind. When you block good information and chose to stay "in the dark" about subjects.

And when I try to talk to my sister she is like a normal ( iguees) says I'm not like that . I try to tell her dont belive the boys and what they say. focus on your school work and not getting in trouble. I ve said sex is something you shouldnt be into right now. Ugh glad I had a boy lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would say just have a private conversation with her and tell her Mom is self conscious about sex stuff and let her know you will answer truthfully any question she asks. Make sure she knows the only dumb questions are the ones we don't ask. If she asks what sex feels like...tell her. It hurts the first time,and it's scary to have to worry about getting STD's or pregnant. It is def. time to have the STD pregnancy talk if she is asking what it feels like.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• The best way that I was described was thru a sex based tween book as a 12 ish year old myself and it said it felt sort of like when you wiggle your belly button... Ehh. It satisfied my curiosity at the time.....
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 3:11 AM on Jan. 10, 2011