For those with altars

I know I've asked about altars in the past, but this is slightly different. How MANY altars do you have? Does anyone have an ancestral altar? What/Who do you honor with it (direct ancestors, spirits from your family's home country, etc.)? Do you have any other altars dedicated to a specific deity or purpose (like a working altar, a permanent altar, a wall altar, etc.)? Do you have an altar outside? What do you use it for? Do you use a travel altar?

I don't have an ancestral altar, but I've been thinking about them a lot recently for some reason. I recently dedicated my main altar/working altar to Hecate, my matron Goddess, and I'm working on designing a wall altar and one on top of my bookshelf (not sure what the purpose of that one is, but it came to me in a dream). I have a stone outside that I use to leave offerings on, or to empty my libation bowl when I use it at Sabbats. I'm also currently working on putting my travel altar back together.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just one dedicated to the Divine for our rituals.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I would love to just have one altar set up, but we're in the Bible Belt and I don't want to people to stop coming around. I don't want the prejudice again.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My Altars... are several.  

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I have one main altar in my ritual room that is in the basement at the center of the house. I also have a small kitchen witch altar on my stove in the kitchen, and a fairy altar in my bedroom.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 2:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I have a Buddhist altar in my home. I use it to meditate. I don't worship Buddha but try to become a buddha through my own thoughts and actions.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 7:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2011