Define "feminism" in your words, the way you see it

Wasn't sure where to put this.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• there are two meanings to me....it could mean you are a strong beautiful woman who knows what she wants and 2) a bad way for men to act like boys and use derogatory terms
    Azeroth

Answer by Azeroth at 9:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It's easier for me to tell you what I think feminism DOESN'T mean. I don't think feminism equals lesbianism, man-hating, bloodlusting, power-hungry, bra-burning, unappreciative, abrasive...

Feminism is believing that women have rights as HUMAN BEINGS too. I apply feminism in an especially global way. Women around the world have no rights. They are treated worse than dogs. They are mutilated, raped, murdered and have no way out. They are forced into prostitution and polygamous marriages. They are subjected to famine and disease. They have no means of bettering their situations. Feminism, to me, is about making sure that ALL women and children are educated and LIBERATED from these things.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• For me, it's what I do to set myself apart from men while still trying to remain equal.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Strong, independent, equal rights.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• A women who is strong headed in her goals, opnions and everything she does is about better herself, because making herself better is a small step in making "women" seem less helpful or less important than men. there are extream feminists, and just opnionated, strong willed women- I am the second. :D
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 9:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Feminism to me is about the ability of women to be able to choose what they want for their life. Whether it be staying at home with her kids or climbing the corporate ladder.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Feminism is the belief that women have the same rights as men, plain and simple.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Equal rights, equal value, equal contribution to the whole. Not worth more or less, not better or worse.

I don't believe being a feminist means the same thing as being a misandrist. I don't need to hate or devalue a man to improve my self-worth.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Feminism may have started out as a movement to equalize the rights between men and women. However, anymore it is nothing more then women standing up and saying "Give us what we want regardless if it's what we deserve." Too often anymore women want to be created equal, but they're unwilling to work for it. They want to eat their cake and have it too, all on a silver platter. When in reality no person gets anywhere without earning it first. Even if they'r rich they're not successful, they're noth happy, they're just living with lots of money. You have to earn the respect, earn the equality, earn the title, earn your place. If you don't you're not going to be treated as such.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2011