bad upper back pain

is there something i can do for the upper back pain i'm dealing with? I'm 8 weeks pregnant and i don't know what i can take or do. I tried a heating pad but that didn't work and i tried laying down on the floor flat on my back and that didn't work.

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Is it all over your upper back or in a specific area? Some upper back pain (between the shoulder blades) can be a symptom of gallstones. Gallbladder problems are common during and after pregnancy. I would definitely see a chiropractor too.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• it's right between my shoulder blades but i had my gall bladder removed last year
    Justins_mommy05

Comment by Justins_mommy05 (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You can still have gallstones! Gallstones can be trapped in the duct, which is left during gallbladder surgery, and you can also continue to get stones in your liver.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• But sometimes when I get pain between or along my shoulder blades it's a misaligned rib. The chiropractor adjusts me and life is good.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• anything else going on other than upper back pain?
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• no just the back pain
    Justins_mommy05

Comment by Justins_mommy05 (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Just asking because I have the same thing going on and it wasn't good. I'm not pregnant. Probably it's because your breast are getting bigger and you are not used to it.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'd take my bra off, go soak in the tub then have hubby rub your back. You might need a better pillow with better neck support

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• yeah i was thinking about soaking in the tub for awhile to see if that would help a little bit
    Justins_mommy05

Comment by Justins_mommy05 (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• try ben gay or heat patches....they worked for me- i had lower back pain though. it was really bad in the first trimester.
    stephanieplante

Answer by stephanieplante at 12:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011