How can you ask for a break from other family.

Well don't get me wrong Ilove having the family I have around me but some times you guest could use a break from it all. I would like some time with just my little family my son and my husband only time it doesn't happen a lot and I don't really like not having are time together witheach other

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I wish I was in your situation. We only see our family once a year or so. We never get a babysitter. Just tell them you guys are taking a stay-cation with just the three of you for a specified amount of time :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• tell them you want to spend more time with your family, not theirs..
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 9:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Not sure exactly what you mean...do you have extended family coming over to see a new baby all the time? (Tell them you need some quiet, and don't invite them in. Lock the doors, disconnect the doorbell, etc.) Or just coming over and staying too long? (Again, don't let them in, or tell them they have an hour to visit and then you are having family time - and when that hour is up, say "Okay, we really need to be alone now", get them their coats, etc, and literally boot them out.) Are they living with you? (Kick them out.)Are you living with them? (Move out, or deal with it.)

Anyway, more details on what you mean would help.
    Anonymous

• well sweetie just be honest with your family & tell them you have plans with your husband & your child & you cant have any guest over or tell them they cant come to your house all the time that you want your privacy they my get mad but they will understand
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Make sure that you set some time aside for just your own family. Such as Saturday afternoons are for you and yours. Or if the extended family doesn't have Sunday dinner, do Sunday dinner with your own family. The point is make time that is just for your family and make sure that the rest know it. You will have to make sure they respect that time and don't give in when they show up. Let them know that it is your family time and you will see them later. Eventually they will get it and give you the time for your family.
    guyandtoni01

Answer by guyandtoni01 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2011