How long does it take for a broken bone to heal?...mil

Mil is complaining about her foot hurting, she said my broken foot is swollen then went to lay down. I asked dh when did she break her foot? 1982!!!!

Looking for attention?

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 9:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Uh..just a little!
    6-8 weeks

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• If someone broke a bone and it didn't heal right, or even if it did heal right, it *can* bother them for life - my DH broke his arm a long time ago and when the weather's turning bad it hurts him something awful. So her foot is not still broken, but it is possible for it to be bothering her just the same.
    Anonymous

• A bone that was broken years ago can hurt years later. It's usually from arthritis. Sounds crazy, but it's true. The way she said it was crazy, though.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• There are many, many very small bones in your feet. They can rebrake from constant use and weight on them. After they break they are often weaker and they become weaker with age. Is her foot really swollen? She could have arthritis in the break area.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• yes- even after that many years it will still hurt!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It depends on the bone and the severity of the break and whether or not you get proper care and do what the doctor tells you.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I broke my foot at work about 4 yrs ago, it took me 6 months before I could go back to work. It was more because I also tore the ligaments and tendons than the actual break itself. I'm on my feet 8hrs a day, that's why it took so long. I'm fine now and have been for 31/2 years. Like the other post said, maybe she has arthritis.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• lol if it didn't heal right it may cause her some pain...
    Anonymous