When a baby sleeps a lot during the day they are going through a growth spurt?

Do you believe this? If that is true, and I'm not sayng it isn't, but my daughter should be about six feet tall. She took two naps, the first was three hours and I woke her up to run errands (I waited as long as I could), the second one was for three and a half, and when I went to check on her I think I woke her.

The kicker is, it's 10 p.m. and she's sitting here happy as a clam next to me in bed, and I'm wondering when I get to go to bed!!! :)

amybaby_19

Asked by amybaby_19 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes it is true. :)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Lol, she could just be changing her nap habits but I know when my dd sleeps a lot more than usual she usually outgrows something :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Growing, starting to get a little sick, teething, just needing a little extra sleep. Many reasons for that.
    Anonymous

• She's either going through a growth spert, teething, changing her sleep schedule from nights to days, or she's just a sleeper. Some kids love to sleep. Some kids hate to sleep. Some kids sleep more when they're ill, teething, or growing, and others stay awake and fuss. So there's no telling why your child sleeps that long, but my suggestion is to try and keep her up as long as possible in the morning to avoid two naps. Then she's more likely to take one long nap and want to go to bed at night.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• She's actually a really good sleeper, just happened to be today she was really putting in the hours with Rip Van Winkle. Not to mention, we had a very busy household and with errand running, I think that wore her out as well. I was just laughing because she's a happy little stinker, smiling away and showed no signs of going to sleep. However, twenty minutes after I posted that I turned around and she was knocked out next to me.
    amybaby_19

Comment by amybaby_19 (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You might want to change up the napping schedule during the day and move up the bed time. Your baby may be getting too much sleep during the day. My son was on a strict napping shcueld and bed time and he NEVER fought gonig to bed at 7 because of it. :)
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It could be a growth spurt or she could be getting ready for a major developmental change.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2011