Did you feel the same??

About your 1st child like your did for your 2nd.. was it harder after having your 2nd?

staciepi

Asked by staciepi at 10:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I feel more bonded to my second...I am unsure why. I wouldn't have thought it possible to love her more than my first DD, but it is apparent now. All of us are in therapy to try to work on our bonding and family interactions.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I love my 2nd and 3rd as much as my 1st. Before I had my second that seemed impossible but the love is infinite. i don't have as much one on one time as I did with my first but that has nothing to do with love.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• This is just me, but I feel closer to my oldest then my next child. I don't love them any less, but I think the first there's something special about them...I dunno.
    Anonymous

• No. For the simple fact that I was soo overwhelmed that I didn't instantly connect with my son (first child). I kind of was like "Okay, that's done, now you take him". I loved him, I wanted him, but I just was overwhelmed with emotion, possibly fear, and I was soo exhausted that I just wasn't in the right state of mind to bond. It didn't take long for that to change and now he's my best buddy, but at first I was like "Yea okay, so he's here." Sounds cold, but it's the truth.

With my daughter I was prepared and I knew what to expect. I knew how to handle the situation and so when she was born I knew how to take her in and bond with her. She's a daddy's girl, so bonding with her was a little bit like trying to give a cat a bath. Haha But she's my little girl still the same. My son is a mommy's boy, so he and I are buddies. - We'll see what happens with the third child. Hopefully we'll know soon.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I was consumed with love the moment both my children were born. I did suffer major ppd after my first son was born because I was working and had to leave him at 6 weeks. I was always home with my youngest son. That was the only difference, I never felt any different about either one. Now with my dh, that's a different story.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2011