When you bought your house...

... which real estate website did you go through? We may be able to get a home loan here in a couple of months and I was trying to figure out all the different websites that one uses to find their perfect house. I've used Zillow and Century 21 the most. I tried Remax, but haven't checked them out recently.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 10:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• We didn't use a website. We just called a realtor.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I loved Realtor.com
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• We used a realtor. The web barely existed when we bought this house - eek!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Realtor.com is your one stop shop for all homes in your area. (Or any area in the country for that matter) They host all realty companies and all homes in the area that are listed.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• We didn't. We have a good realtor here in our town (it's a whole realty place in another town, one of their realtors just lives here & deals with all the local stuff) and we knew of a house that was for sale, so we just called him. Now that we're searching for another house, we stick with their website and a couple of other nearby realtor's sites, nothing that's "nation-wide" like remax or anything, just the "private" ones.
    Anonymous

• I agree call a realtor and let them know what you are looking for they get a part of the cut when you buy a house so they really do a lot of work for you.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My Husband and I just went through Remax. We found the perfect House and didn't even see a picture of it before We decided to check it out. It worked out beautifully, and that is where We conceived Our perfect Son. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We walked the neighborhood we wanted to live in, and used a real estate agent who lived there.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Did all my research at realtor.com
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• You can use any realator and any house locally will show up on any local realtor site because generally they are all connected through MLS. Meaning a house that a RealtyUSA agent has listed will not only be on RealtyUSA's site but also Hunt Realties, Metro Realty, etc. etc (these are local real estate agencies in my area)....so it doesn't matter what website you look at
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2011