Where would you eat?

Once a year, you're able to go out to eat at a "fancy-shmancy" restaurant. Where do you go?

Take me to the best steakhouse in east Texas and let me get the biggest sirloin, with vegetables, and a baked potato with the works (minus chives). I'll take a Coke with little ice and a Bud Light with it. For dessert, give me a divine chocolate mousse cake.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 10:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Honestly, the most expensive meal I've ever eaten probably wasn't over $15 lol. So I have no clue. I'm a simple girl to please. I think I'd feel akward in a fancy place. Fancy to me is Red Lobster!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Lobster & Margaritas in Puerto Nuevo. So yummy!! I haven't been down there since the cartels have taken over.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Mmmm take me to The Melting Pot!!! Never been because it's so expensive, but I would loooooove to go! And I also love Olive Garden. Salad for starters, then maybe some calamari, then chicken parmesan w/ a glass of wine, and a cherry coke ( craving !!! ) and for desert i'll take some strawberries w/ chocolate. my oh my!!!!!!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I'm always a little disappointed when we go to the really expensive places. It seems like a dirty shame to pay $150 or more for just 2 people to eat, assuming the fancy-schmancy dinner was a date with your husband. I much prefer Bonefish Grill or a good Indian restaurant, P.F. Chang's, or Cheesecake Factory than the pricier places.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would probably go to the local fish market. It might not be top of the line expensive compared to most places, but it is the most expensive for the area. As well they have delicious food and I love the autmosphere.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• knicole0708 The Melting Pot is yummy but only for appetizer & dessert. I had the main course once and it is bland and expensive. If you just go for dessert some time it wouldn't be as expensive :-)
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Emeril Lagasse's place in Orlando. Been twice, food was exqusite..bill for 6 was $700, but that was appetizers, entree, dessert and alcohol
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Take me to the Olive Garden!
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I've been to Emeril's in Orlando, Las Vegas and New Orleans. All were fabulous. I would go to a local French restaurant that is pricey, but very good.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Charlie Trotter's

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2011