Anyone who has Mirena, have you had any complications with it?

I want to get Mirena, but I kinda wanna see if what kind of problems there can be. I have never been on any kind of birth control either, if that makes a difference...

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 12:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i have the mirena in right now and ive had it about 5 or 6 months ish and i really havent had any problems with it to much. the spotting is the annoying part. but with the mirena they say your going to have short light periods but they really mean your going to spot instead and for me it was kinda random spotting but the past 2 months it has been regular but instead of a period i have a few days of spotting. and i havent had any pain with it at all and no infections for me at least not yet. and the mirena is doing its job because i have not gotten pregnant yet. good luck and i hope you choose the birth control thats right for you.
    jeanboyd

Answer by jeanboyd at 9:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• my friend had to get hers taken out last week because of a really bad infection

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 1:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I have had mine for 19 months and let me tell you- It is a pain in the ASS! I have so many cramps with it, I spot all the time, and never have a definate period-(I will bleed for 3 days, stop for 5, bleed for 2, stop for like 9, -its always different). I am moody, and I think its the reason why I can't lose any weight. I recently went to the doctor to see if I had anything wrong with me because of all these problems, and after $1200 in Medical Bills (I am self-pay) it can back I am just fine- and perfectly healthy. Now my doctor is talking about putting me on Estrogen- I am only 25. Not to scare you too bad, because this is my experience- yours might be totally different. However- I have never had any scares and it has proven to be very effective. You have to weigh the pros and cons I suppose- I just know we can't afford another baby right now, so i will do the pain over the risks. Good Luck!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2008