how can you you do a split?

its my duaghter who wants to know and she want to be a cheerleader with experiance any suggestions

aida1212

Asked by aida1212 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Oh gosh, alot of strecthing! Gotta practice.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 10:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• There's a lot of youtube videos showing how to stretch to eventually be able to do them. =) Just search for how to do the splits. Good luck to her!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It just takes a LOT of stretching over time to become flexible enough to do one. I could when I was younger, but the last time I did one, I think I did some damage because after that I couldn't quite get there without having this really bad pain.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• You need to "overstretch" to make doing splits easy for activities such as cheerleading, when you're going from one move to another. Generally, you need the help of another person. For regular splits, hold the stretches until the muscles relax and you don't feel the stretch. Let the muscles recover, then stretch again. To "overstretch," Place a "lift" under one foot, stretch, then the other foot, stretch. For straddle splits, just lay stomach first on the floor. To overstretch, while she lays on her back, have her straddle, and someone push her legs down, past the hips once she can handle them.

Be very careful that she doesn't stretch to the point of actually tearing something.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• THANK YOU
    aida1212

Comment by aida1212 (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2011