What was your first job?

My first job was working at Burger Stop in Layton, Utah. I started the week before I turned 16 and a month before my sophomore year of high school ended. I was let go the day I was going to quit; July 4th was going to be mandatory to work and I didn't want to work it (really old family members at a family reunion across the country and weren't expected to finish the year).

Before the summer was over, I found a new job working at a brand spanking new movie theater called Cineplex Odeon (later bought by Sony and called Loews Cineplex; I found out from friends still living there that Tinseltown/Cinemark bought it).

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 10:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Besides babysitting, my first job was in a garbage bag factory. One of my teacher's husbands interviewed me and gave me the job. I worked there for 3 months after graduating high school just to save the money to get to college and pay tuition and books.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• My first job was at 15 working at a nail kiosk in the mall. That job only lasted a month until I showed up to work one day and the kiosk was gone!! Mall management told me the owner had packed up in the middle of the night. Next, I worked at a movie theater too :-) I always tell my kids that is one of the best jobs for a teenager.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I was a sales associate at a major department store after I was a senior in high school.. But I really didn't like it so I found a job as a Bookeeper at a bank. Then I went to college and worked at the Bank during the summer to earn money for tution and room and board.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I worked at Wegman's at the photo lab. That was my very first job when I was 18. Honestly the best job I have ever had. It's truely sad that Wegman's took out the photo lab.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I worked at Pizza Hut from 16-18 then when free pizza finally got old I quit and started at Staples (office supply store) and HATED it so after 3 months I quit and worked at a tiny privately-owned gas station where I just sat in a bullet proof box and read books all day (easiest money of my life) but at 19 I got hired at a radio station through the internship I'd taken and have been there for 5 years now and still love it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I worked at a florist answering the phone and taking orders, sometimes helping the other employees out by cleaning up their messes.
    socrzyblonde

Answer by socrzyblonde at 11:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Besides babysitting, I worked at the local Farm market.
    redtree5

Answer by redtree5 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Waitress at a local cafe
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I worked at Taco Bell... Twice. That's the only job I've had. I started when I was 18, right after I got married, then quit when my Dr. put me on bedrest when I got pregnant. Then I went back when DD was about 18 months old and got fired this July for putting in my 2 weeks notice. Unfortunately, a bunch of stuff came up and the job I'd been hired for fell through, so I went back to college. Wow... I need caffeine or sleep. Sorry to babble!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Besides babysitting, I delivered the Sunday paper from age 12 to about 16. I got embarassed when the boys would come to the door when collecting $ for the paper, and said I needed to quit.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2011