Do you have a survival kit?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 10:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• For each member of our family.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• no
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• No. I've never thought about putting one together.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Yes
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 10:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• It's sad to say for a country that has so much stuff, we don't have the very things or skills needed to survive if something happen.
    WalknWithGod

Comment by WalknWithGod (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• No. I would make sure I had water jugs,batteries, a plug-in phone,etc. But I seriously doubt that I will need one.I have been through a hurricane with no water or power for 5 days ....but, aside from that ype of natural disaster, I don't anticipate a need for a survival kit.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• A haphazard one. Need to get it organized again. Thank you for the reminder;-)
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 4:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Um no, but have lots of canned food, a backup generator and 30 gallons of water. We have 4 5 gallon jugs and 10 1 gallon jugs. Every time I go to the grocery store I'm going to buy another gallon. We store them in a closet downstairs. We have tons of batteries and flashlights and a first aid kit. I think we would be okay.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• uh no. everytime i think of preparing, and a disaster struck- the canned foods will have expired, the water will no longer be drinkable, the batteries will not work in a radio or flashlight. Living in a place where a disaster does actually strike with no moment/second to instill will probably be too late, I will be in the car with only clothes I wear and a blanket in the car.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 3:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• yes.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2011