another fever question...

ds has had a fever for the past 3 days, newhere from 99 upto 103.6. we took him to the er on thursday, they said that he had a virus, that the fever was normal. well hes had virus's b4 and has never had a 3 day long fever. i cant get the fever to break, ive geiven him tylenol, gave him cool baths, i even tried covering him up to make him sweat and was told that was not the right thing to do. my question is , is a 3 day long fever normal? should i take him back to the er? thanks mamas

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My ds has run also run a fever for a long time. I would say to call your pediatrician and let him know what's going on. Also in the past to help a fever break I strip my boy down to his diaper and use a cloth dipped in rubbing alcohol, dab across his brow, his neck, and back, those areas that seem to get really hot.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 12:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• give him tylenol every 4 hours and motrin or advil every 8 thats what CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL OF PHILADELPHIA (C.H.O.P.) always told me to do for my children. it alweays worked
    19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 1:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2011