with toddler bed is good to buy?

czego

Asked by czego at 10:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• an inexpensive one since they won't use them long.. We opted for a wood one instead of the plastic ones since I found a good deal on it and it seemed more sturdy.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I spent $100 on a wooden one at Toys "R" Us. I used the same mattress as the crib and sheets. Ds has been sleeping on it since he was about 18 months old and he just turned 6. If he hits another growth spurt though I'm going to get him a full size bed. I'm not going to bother with a twin bed, might as well get a full that he can sleep on the rest of the years he lives with us!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I got one for like 50 bucks at Walmart... he was into Cars so it worked out.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i transitioned my son from a crib to a RACECAR toddler bed.. it is an interest that he has (the cars) an it worked well.. i know of a few other parents that have done similar.. think it all depends on your kid.. my cousin (same age as my son) was in a toddler bed before him an she did really good because it was a convertible crib that did all the bed types
    djdiddles62

Answer by djdiddles62 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We got DD a toddler bed from IKEA, it was longer than a regular toddler bed.

If you want to save money, I'd skip right to a twin bed with a rail
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 10:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I actually skipped the toddler bed...I bought a twin bunkbeds and blocked off the top till she was older....why waste money on a toddler bed that their only in for 2 years? Now when my daughter has sleepovers they each have their own bed....
    proudmama101906

Answer by proudmama101906 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2011