Is Sarah Palin somewhat responsible for the Arizona shooting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No, but she looks like a jackass now. thats all.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Is Ayn Rand?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I teach my students that THEY are responsible for their own behavior--not any one else. Maybe the reason that I have such trouble teaching my students this concept is because it seems that adults want to blame others as well.
    The only person who is responsible for the actions that occurred today were the people who actually performed those actions.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Was she one of the shooters? DId she order these people to be shot? That's about the only way she could be responsible.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• The person responsible is the shooter. I am not one to transfer blame. He made his choice to be a destroyer of life.
    Anonymous

• The map of targets, with names and crosshairs.

Do you think a single picture on a website had more influence over him than the books he loved and read repeatedly? He went on obsessively about the Communist Manifesto, went to see Giffords speak years ago (prior to Palin being a blip on anyone's radar) and declared her "stupid and unintelligent".  He has multiple rantings that all have nothing to do with anything Palin has ever spoken about, his lists of likes and dislikes include authors and bands, not politicians or pseudocelebrities.  I honestly don't care about her - but why work so hard to spread the blame that way when there are so many more obvious reasons that he was exposed to regularly?

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Knowing more about the shooter, I don't think she's personally responsible. I asked a question earlier today about her target map too. I DO still question her mental stability, and definitely think it's irresponsible to create a map with crosshairs showing where her opponents live and a list of their names. Even if this guy was just crazy, and didn't do this for political reasons, there are a lot of other crazy people out there who might take that as a literal hit list since it has a list and gun sights. If a kid made a list like that in school, they'd be seen as mentally unstable and it would most likely be taken very seriously...but somehow it's ok for politicians to spread hate and promote violence?

I also find this tagline of Giffords opponent (endorsed by Palin) appalling:

"Get on Target for Victory in November. Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office. Shoot a fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly."
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• The question was asked today on CM if Dems have reached a new low by Pelosi blaming her loss on Bush. I believe the new low is taking a tragic loss of life and devastating injuries to elected officials and innocent bystanders, including a child by a nutjob and trying to place blame on a political party!!! It should not matter what side of the political spectrum you hang your hat, this is indeed a shot that was fired at all Americans hearts and believes and at the very soul of what has truly separated this Nation from all other, freedom to have a voice in the workings of our Government! Anyone here that has any ability to think and reason knows an act like this was not suggested or condoned by any leading official of either party!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• pam19...This link may educate you and your fellow liberals about the true nature of Nazism which was socialism. Fascism uses corporate interests to promote their total control of the people. They all position for total control of the people...tyranny.

http://blog.mises.org/4325/why-nazism-was-socialism-and-why-socialism-is-totalitarian/
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 12:09 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Just get on here, look at the first question and it is stupid.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2011